Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2022

TRAIN TIME: A Couple of Hornby Postwar M1 Pullman Coaches

Wanting some passenger coaches on the small side, these became available and I snatched them up as a job lot - never bothered to look them up in the books I was acquiring. From what I can gather these are Postwar - about 1954/55-ish. The roofs are clean while the bodies show wear-&-tear so they've most likely been repainted. There are two  named cars in this 4-pack: 'Aurelia', and 'Marjorie' (of which I have three). There was apparently a 'Viking' available but the resident expert in the Hornby HRCA fb group stated a 'Viking' wasn't made which had these Postwar chassis'. That's okay because this set gives a nice 4-piece consist to lash up to any of the smaller engines. This was one of those times I got lazy and didn't feel like doing a complete photo essay on the cars - oh well! Enjoy! Opa Fritz





I was running the set with this Hornby Type 101 No. 2270 0-4-0 W-U LMS Tank Engine on the larger 3-rail layout. Unfortunately I didn't get any videos of it :-(





No comments:

Post a Comment