Pages

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Marx (?) Teepee

I got this teepee in a job lot of Marx toys but am now kinda, almost fairly certain it's a re-cast and not an original. Why? Well, the finish is shinier than what I would expect from the originals (which really doesn't show well in the photos), and there are strange circles all over the outside that don't appear to be decorative motifs for the teepee, but rather random mold marks. Unfortunately, most of my Marx Western toys are buried out in The Cave and not easily accessible at the moment. I'm certain there are original teepee's out there I could look at. In any case, it's still a good addition to my growing 1st Nation encampment, but now I need to find some camp poses for a nice set-up. All my figures at the present are the classic Cowboy and Indian shoot-outs, which quite frankly I get bored with at times. I mean really, not every day was a shoot-out day. The teepee is made in two halves with the tops of the poles being molded integral to each half - a much better arrangement than have an easily lost separate piece. It measures 4 3/4" (12.06cm) H x 3 7/8" (9.84cm) at the base. Anywho, until I find out that this was actually made by Marx - Enjoy! Opa Fritz













No comments:

Post a Comment