Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Montgomery Wards Miniature Apollo Exploration set - Pt 2 Hippo Rocket

The centerpiece of this magnificent set from Wards is the Apollo rocket made by Hippo Toys. It's been on the blog before back on 19 Nov 2019, but that one was in orange HP and the Wards version is in yellow HP. It measures 13" (33.02cm) L, has a friction motor, and can stand on end for more dramatic display. Enjoy! Op Fritz













Here are the two color variations that I know of




2 comments:

  1. These are easily the best pictures I've ever seen of this scarce rocket Ed. Its the one part of my own Apollo Exploring set that's missing. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanx Woodsy! I really do like this toy version of the thing. I'm fortunate enough to have latched on to them!

      Delete