Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Ed's Travelogue: My First Flight In An Airplane Aug 1978

Do you remember your first flight in an airplane readers? This little excursion was a joint venture between me and my sister Cathy. One weekend while up in Shawano, Wisconsin at the summer trailer we decided to see what it was like to go in an airplane - it would be the first time for both of us. The weather wasn't great, being overcast and all, but still we wanted to try it. Shawano has a small airport nearby and we drove there having heard there were airplane flights for tourists available and sure enough, without too much searching we found the charter service. I don't remember exactly what kind of plane it was and I didn't have the presence of mind to take pictures, but I believe it was just a small single-engine job. These were the only pictures I have of that flight. My memory of it was that it was a lot of fun - take-off was a thrill. I also remember my sister looking green around the gills afterward - she was, how shall we say? - a tad bit scared!! :-) Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Shawano Lake as seen from above



 

No comments:

Post a Comment