Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2020

Montgomery Wards Miniature Apollo Exploration set - Pt 4 Major Matt Mason Group

The eight vehicles shown in the photo below were all either copied or inspired by Major Matt Mason toys by Mattel and downsized to meet LP's requirents. As I've already done photo essays on them within the past couple of months there's no need to repeat them now. The exception to that is the Firebolt Space Cannon, which in this set came in blue. The one covered here previously on the blog was green. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Far Left: MMM Astro Trac

2nd-6th: MMM sled variants

2nd From Right: MMM Moon Crawler

Far Right: Firebolt Space Cannon
















2 comments:

  1. I do like this miniature MMM toy Ed. Superb pics as always. I think Imperial did a good job scaling down the Firebilt Laser Canon, which oddly, is what it was called in the UK MMM range. I adored that big toy and Captain Lazer was my fave toy for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Woodsy! When I was growing up MMM was totally under the radar for me. At the time I preferred Marx space toys and even some Lido - all smaller that the MMM range of toys. I remember seeing the commercials but somehow just never developed an interest in them.

    ReplyDelete