Pages

Friday, April 1, 2022

TRAIN TIME: JEP Clockwork Train Set No. 1, Set No. 2096, OR Set No. 6-10224? - Pt 1

Here's a nice little set from the French firm of JEP. While I don't know anything about the company itself I do know that they are a popular brand among tinplate toy train collector's/operator's. This set became available a few years back for a reasonable price so I thought it would make a nice edition to the collection, even though most of the collection is UK-oriented. It's a simple set with a circle of track, engine, tender, and one passenger coach all nicely lithographed and the bonus - for me - was that the engine is a decent runner! Simple, sweet, and good running - can't beat that :-) Below you'll see a photo of the box end with several different numbers on it. SO, which is the actual number for the train set??? Like my other German train stuff, I have no reference materials for JEP so I just can't answer my own question. 

Tomorrow and the next day, we'll do posts with photo essays of the contents as well as show you the set in action. Enjoy! Opa Fritz


The end of the box says "TRAIN JEP No. 1". Just below that in tiny numbers is "No. 2096" To the right is stamped  "6-10224"
What a confusing array of numbers





The ties/sleepers on the JEP track are super elevated (banked) for better running and it utilizes a unique clip for keeping the rails together. I like that because someone out there actually took into consideration the fact that eventually the rails will loosen up and kids would become frustrated with the track always coming apart! Way to go Jep!
 










No comments:

Post a Comment