Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

CIRCUS TIME: Modified Calliope Circus Wagon O-scale - One of My Early Wagon Acquisitions

Calliope: Pronounces Kal-E-Ope with long E and O, not Ka-Ly-a-Pee. A keyboard musical instrument musical using either air or steam and a series of whistles to produce musical notes. (courtesy: circus and sideshows)

When it comes to the history of O-scale circus wagons I don't even know where to start. As I've been learning of late, there are a lot more players in this game than I thought. With that being said, the original maker of this wagon is unknown, but it did start out as a calliope which was modified to a tableau wagon by a previous owner. This was among my earliest purchases back in the '90s after switching from HO scale to O-scale trains and stuff.. When taking this out of the box for photos after many years in storage, the side inserts had to be re-glued. Fortunately the person who modified the wagon did not glue the roof down so access to the interior was easy. It's an okay modification - certainly not museum quality - but I enjoy this wagon just the  same. Enjoy! Opa Fritz















No comments:

Post a Comment