Pages

Monday, July 1, 2024

Ja Ru 54mm Astronaut Pose #1 - Gray SP

I'm not through with spacemen quite yet! While I've photographed a lot, there are still a bunch more in the collection to do, enough to probably make this whole spaceman thing last until the end of the year!

Here's a quickie series highlighting astronauts made by the Chinese firm of Ja Ru. Ja Ru is quite prolific and makes toys for a wide variety of historical eras. I know they've made several really nice space related playsets, but as it turns out, I only have their four astronaut poses (I believe they only produced four). The figures are 54mm and a medium gray but with a hint of silver (maybe that's just a trick of my eyes). The bulky suits are more realistic than the older Marx and MPC astronaut figures. Back then they were modeling astronauts in the old jet fighter style suits of the '50s and '60s, but by the time of Apollo, the real life suits bulked-up considerably. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

All four Ja Ru astronaut poses that I'm aware of. Although, I believe their playsets had a Moon buggy which probably had a driver. 














No comments:

Post a Comment