Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2022

CIRCUS TIME: My Brief Foray Into HO Scale Circus Modeling - Pt 3 Small Preiser Circus Tent

I promise, after just a couple more posts of HO scale stuff I'll start in with circus wagons and other things! Here is an interesting little tent from Preiser that can be used as a small side tent to perhaps hold circus animals, maybe a pony ride for the kiddies, or even a tent used to sell souvenirs - whatever. Although I had opened the bag many years ago the tent never was assembled and is still sitting out in The Cave. Enjoy! Opa Fritz! 





2 comments:

  1. Lovin' these posts . . . I hope you're going to be showing us some of those lovely Rides and Side Shows I uses to dream over in my old Walther's catalogues Ed?

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Hugh! I only ever bought one ride from Walther's - the large Faller Ferris wheel which I only have a portion of now :-( Actually rides are the domain of carnivals. Circuses' are a whole different animal and typically featured a midway with booths selling souvenirs, food, or games of chance (like ring toss, target shooting games, etc.). And then there was the sideshow or freak show, the menagerie tents, and the big top with it's myriad performances. Circuses were often heralded into a town through elaborate parades with gorgeous hand-carved wagons of various sorts, circus bands, and calliope music. Carnivals essentially just breeze into town, set themselves up, and start selling their rides.

      Delete