Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2022

CIRCUS TIME: Vintage Coca-Cola Circus Cut-out Premium 1997 Repo - Pt 1

 In 1997, this reproduction of the 1932 Coca-Cola Circus Cut-out was produced and for many years I attributed it to K-Line. It was during this period that K-Line was producing licensed Coca-Cola 3-rail O-gauge trains, including circus cars. However, no where on the cut-out is K-Line mentioned. They may have been reproduced by K-Line and sold under license or not but I have no proof. As you can see, the repo is quite a bit larger than the original and will not fit on my tabloid size scanner. The other nice thing about the repos is it is a nice clean, crisp white vs. the old and discolored original version. Original 1932 cut-outs  in clean white condition cost a lot of money and I was just glad to be able to latch on to mine at a decent price.

I had bought my first repo back in 1997 during the first wave of circus collecting back then.  The photo you see below is a newer acquisition bought recently. So what happened to that one I bought back in '97? I cut it up! LOL Rather, I cut it out. Not liking that leering clown looming from behind the tent (as he looked like something from a bad 'B' movie 'The Attack of The 50' Clown'), he got excised from the piece.

Okay, welll I have to get ready to go to work so I'll leave you with this and continue the Coca-Cola cut-out saga for another post. Enjoy! Opa Fritz




No comments:

Post a Comment