Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2019

Marx NASA Moon Scout Wind-up Helicopter

Yay, I found some pics of space related toys I can post. I know I've got some but good grief, trying to find where I squirreled them has been like a treasure hunt. Okay, fine, so here is one of the oddest concepts for a space toy that I've seen. A helicopter for scouting the Moon!! Like that's gonna work huh? The lithography shows a helo full of astronauts in full gear looking for??? a new location for a Moon Base? a helipad? McDonald's?? you got me.

Essentially Marx took its Air Force Rescue Battalion Helicopter (the smaller version - there were two) and re-purposed it into this space-ish toy perhaps to take advantage of the space race craze going on back then. The fuselage measures:  10 1/2" (26.67cm) L x 2 1/2" (6.35cm) W (wheel to wheel) x 4" (10.16cm) H to top of fuselage body. When I bought mine years ago it didn't have any rotors and it took forever to find rotors that would fit this thing and look right in-so-far as size was concerned, so be advised these are not the original rotors. The rotor span 8 1/2" (21.59cm). Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina
















No comments:

Post a Comment