Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Britains 54mm 1st Series Foot Knight No. 696 1971

Here's the last of the six figures from Britains 1st Series Foot Knights produced in 1971. As my own collection of Britains has grown slowly over the years, I've really come to appreciate the detailing and fine sculpting of their figures. Back in '71 when these came out I was already into HO scale model railroading and simply don't remember these in toy or hobby stores. But I do know that here in the States, pre-painted miniature figures were sparse and the only ones that come to mind were Marx's 'Warriors of The World' series of plastic figures. I have a few of those in my collection as well but, being plastic, they're prone to breakage. It's understandable then why the Britains figures became to so popular with youngsters. I hope to be able to bring more photo essays of Britains Medieval figures here to Toys and Stuff in the future. We'll be switching gears yet again here tomorrow as we look at some play time on my O-gauge train layout. 'Til then - Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina















No comments:

Post a Comment