Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Marx 54mm Astronaut #7

Well, well, well, I see I screwed up my postings again. I tried to schedule the 54mm Marx Astronaut's #'s 1,2, and 3 for the 11th and #'s 4,5, and 6 for today. LOL Yeah, well that didn't go as planned! I wanted to get the posts all done within a few days vs. dragging them out over nine days because I've got other things to post - impatient, didn't wanna wait!! Oh hell, it's the photos that count. That being said, let's continue with Astronaut pose #7. This was also a Lunar concept suit but for the life of me I could not figure out where the prototype inspiration came from. Like the Republic Aviation figure, this too came in three pieces. 

I'm just gonna complete the series of nine figures today - hopefully -  and then move on to other postings. Enjoy! Opa Fritz



















.

Is it just me or does he resemble Boris Karloff?

















2 comments:

  1. Not only does he look like Boris Karlov, I think I've blogged him, sans suit, quite recently, as 'unknown' Frankenstein's Monster! That will have caused a certain amount of amusement in the eMail channels of my 'emies'!!! Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha - oh well, s _ _ t happens LOL I didn't really realize it until editing the photos. I looked at this guys and said to myself "NO Way!" I get they were trying to model the chisled features of a ruggedly handsome astronaut dude but ummmm, yeah, they got this instead :-)

    ReplyDelete