Pages

Monday, November 2, 2020

Kellogg's Cheerios Cereal Premium Rocket Launchers 1958

Well, Halloween is now firmly behind us. Our neighborhood was quite dead - pun in tended - with only a few houses decroated for the day. Okay, that being said, for many years there was little to no Halloween activity in Da Hood. It stopped, ohhhh I would say, around the late '90s. It's only been the last couple of years that it has picked up again, only for COVID to knock the wind out of our sales. Even the grandbaby didn't put up much of a fuss when we didn't put anyhting out front. To her, it was all a part of the Corona mess.

Let's see, where were we when Halloween so rudely interrupted my postings? LOL I had fun though, it was a good break. I've got a few more small scale space toys that were waiting in the qeue to get on the blog and then I though I would jump into something the blog really hasn't seen much of - DINOSAURS! oooooh LOL Yeah, I've been getting more of those of late.

But first, let's get spacey. Seeing these on Hugh Walter's 'Small Scale World' blog jump-started my efforts to acquire a couple. Sometimes they tend to be pricey, and while I had wanted them for a while they just sorta flew under my radar. I got these two as a bundle and am quite pleased. Not only that, but after seeing their size in relation to the LP astronaut I thought how they would make a nice perimeter defense battery on any Moon base! I have seen these on the Internet as being Kellogg's 'Cheerios' cereal premiums from 1958 but have no doubt they were cloned by more than a few others. Overall height = 'all 3". The launcher =  1 1/4" (7.62cm) H x 1 3/4" (4.44cm) L x 1/2" (1.27cm) W:  Rocket 2 1/4" (5.71cm) L. Enjoy! Opa Fritz









No comments:

Post a Comment