Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Japan - Tin-Litho VF127 Navy Jet

UPDATE: 20 November 2011
Well, that's what I get for not keeping better track of my posts - without realizing it I posted this same toy as my very first blog on 8 October of last year! Holy Cow! Sorry 'bout that Chief! Oh well, I'll try my darndest to not double-post again.
 :-)

Today's featured Toys & Stuff airplane is a neat little tin-litho job from Japan. Up until now we've featured mostly larger toys but it is worthy to note that tin-litho toys came in a variety of sizes for a variety of budgets. This tiny aircraft is only about 4" (10.2cm) long and may have been a simple bin toy. I have not yet seen any of these with packaging and honestly don't know if it was a bin toy, or if it came in a header bag. I also don't know who the manufacturer was as there are no makers marks. In any case, it's a neat little toy from The Age of Tin. Enjoy!