Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2020

TRAIN TIME: The Edge of Town Layout Starts Getting a Makeover - Pt 6 New Paint and Finally Some Plasticville

When I built the Edge of Town layout back in the day it was done rather hastily. The lines for the 'roadbed' were drawn in by hand and the base coat of tan rather poorly painted in. The Marx track w/plastic roadbed hides most of the underlying paint but there are still a bunch of spots where that bright tan peeks out from the sides. I've now painted all of that underlying area a hunter green. The siding was painted in a dark brown and there won't be any plastic roadbed used there because I wanted the less manicured look of a siding vs. a mainline. A portion of the road leading out of town was given a coat of darker gray. In addition Plasticville structures are finally making their way on to the layout. I had Plasticville buildings when I was a kid but when I got into 3-rail O-gauge as an adult I shied away from them, concentrating instead on Marxville buildings. That omission is now being rectified :-) Enjoy! Opa Fritz



Here's a couple of my Ya'AllTube videos showing the slow-but-steady rejuvenation process.




No comments:

Post a Comment