Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Marx SV-3 USAF Jet

Okay, every so often I post an airplane which is a puzzler - to me - although you guys have been pretty adept at figuring things out! This little tin-litho gem from Marx was first included in their International Airport playset from 1961 and measures 6 1/4" (15.9cm) L x 5" (12.7cm) wingspan.  It has the near-standard two-part construction: fuselage assembly with detachable wing assembly. This toy, while having a friction motor, does not have a sparkling mechanism.

In the whole twenty minutes :-) I devoted to researching this on the Web I came up with bupkis! It has the appearance of an experimental aircraft but it wasn't listed in Wikipedia's experimental aircraft list which is fairly decent. Doing a Google search for SV-3 aircraft or jet also yields nothing. Oh well, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, we'll let it go as a nifty toy from the early '60s! Enjoy!