Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Soldier Bear Fire and Emergency Deluxe Play Set

Here's another post which falls under the heading, "Toys I have known" or rather, toys that I used to own but have since gotten rid of. This is a play set sold exclusively in AAFES (Army and Air force Exchange Service) BX's (Base Exchanges) and PX's (Post Exchanges) under the AAFES 'Soldier Bear' brand name. The photo shown below is the only one I took of the set but you can see that it is jam packed full of vehicles, helicopters, boats, figures, and accessories all in soft plastic. The figures are about 54mm while the vehicles are smaller. Now, while I said the sets are sold exclusively through AAFES outlets, they bear a striking similarity to like sets sold at Wal-Mart. I have no doubt they are made or distributed by the same manufacturers' and only the packaging and some set contents differ.  Enjoy!