Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Ideal Fort Cheyenne Carry-All Playset

In our on again-off again coverage of Western or Old West style toys be bring this Ideal Fort Cheyenne Carry-All Playset. When I started collecting playsets it was kind of a hit-&-miss proposition. I'd buy something, like it and decide to further the collection OR buy something, not like it and never continue. So it was with these soft vinyl carry-all playsets. Overall I just don't like them even though the artwork is really nice and the interior quite colorful and this set has a nifty fort with integral guard towers when opened up. After buying a couple of different soft case sets they simply didn't have any real appeal to me and as you can see by the photos, some of these playsets have vacu-formed inserts which separate easily from the vinyl case, making it even less desirable. These photos were taken in 2009 - a year before the blog was started - and were meant to sell the item on eBay. The figures shown in the last photo had come with the playset but I have no clue if they were original to the set. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina





The vacu-formed insert has separated from the base and is quite flimsy


This integral; fort is nice but those soft, wavy vinyl ramparts make it difficult to stand figures on


Original to the the set or...?


4 comments:

  1. Yes those are original to the play set! I am seeking one like this for my grandson. (he is due to be born in a few months) I had 2 of these when I was a small boy and indeed loved it. I found one on E-bay but it was not in good condition. They were asking 60 dollars for it. The one my mom bought me in 1970 was 8 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Thanx for the info! I got rid of this one many moons ago. I found myself not really liking soft case playsets a whole lot. I've had several over the years and just can't get into them for the most part. That being said, I did acquire a soft case space themed playset a few months back which I do like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the figures are original to the set, but some are not. All the mounted figures are original. The two blue and one red Indian chiefs with club are not original to the set, but all the other red Indians with a base are original, as are the 3 blue Union infantrymen. The red and yellow Indians with tomahawks and spears in the 2nd row from the bottom and the green cowboy and the yellow saddle also did not come with the fort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not a big fan of soft case playsets but I do have couple really small ones from MPC. This set was sold off I'm afraid, but it's still good info to know!

      Delete