Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Japan (Unknown Manufacturer) Tin-litho USAF Convair B-58 Hustler

Well, we got hit by a little bit of life last week. our water heater went out last Thursday and had to get that replaced. I liked the work the plumbers did - and for a reasonable, competitive price - and had them come back Friday to do some more work in the house. Then Saturday I tackled replacing a bathroom faucet myself. That damn faucet gave me grief and took me nearly 1 1/2 hours just to remove the old one because it just would not come out. I finally took a crow bar and was able to break off the faucets above the sink level (fortunately without damaging the vanity top). After 3 1/2 hours lying on my right side against the cabinet bottom I'v got bruises on my back and butt! But it was worth it :-)

Soooo, that was my week, how was yours? LOL

On to the blog. We've covered the Convair B-58 Hustler a couple times here on Toys and Stuff and several months back I was able to acquire a small-ish tin-litho version on the cheap because it had some condition issues. Today's featured toy comes out of Japan by an unknown manufacturer and when I got it, it was missing its nose wheel and the lower halves of the outboard engine nacelles. I managed to replace the nose wheel with one from an old Hubley car and a length of heavy paper clip. The nacelles are still missing their lower halves. The toy measures 7 1/4" (18.41cm) L x 6 1/4" (15.87cm) wingspan x 2 1/2" (6.35cm) H. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina















 An old Hubley tire, a bit of paper clip wire, and voila', new nose wheel

Here's the featured toy next to the Linemar version






No comments:

Post a Comment