Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Sunjade Mounted Swordsman - Horned Helmet, Beard, No Cape, - Silver SP

As I post these figures from Sunjade you'll soon notice how each one is different - an unusual feature for a bag of little plastic soldiers wherein the norm is to include bunches of duplicate sculpts. Even the horses are all different in these sets. I mentioned in the previous post that these figures almost got the ax, that I was sorely tempted to get rid of these because those goofy horned helmets turned me off. Also, the other set of figs I bought included accessories which simply don't belong with Vikings like chariots and siege cannons! In addition I'm kinda leanin' towards smaller figures to go with my castles - somewhere in the 45mm-60mm range and these figs easily tower over those. The Sunjade standing figures measure ~2 3/4" (70mm) high. 

70mm. Hmmm, that looked familiar. I went into the nearest box I had of AOME LOTR figures by Play Along Toys and guess what? Yup, perfect match. The sculpting on the Sunjade stuff isn't nearly as detailed but overall the Sunjade figures would make good, cheap army builders for an AOME LOTR set-up. Slice the horns off the helmets, touch up with a little paint and these could be used in a Helm's Deep diorama.  Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina

Here's a few comparison shots of AOME LOTR and Sunjade figures






























The mounted figures are designed such that they could be used as foot soldiers as well. Some of them had problems standing but a little filing on the soles of the feet should help that










No comments:

Post a Comment