Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2019

TRAIN TIME: A Yank Does Hornby Pt 12 - The 'Small' Layout Gets Larger

After messing around with the smaller 2' x 4' board I decided I wanted something a little bit bigger. I shelved the 2' x 4' for now but may resurrect it later. Some years ago I purged most of the scrap lumber out in The Cave but held on to a few bits and pieces. Among the stack was this piece of 33" (83.82cm) x 60" (152.4cm) x 3/8" (.95cm) thick plywood. After a few minutes of quickly laying down a few pieces of track it was apparent that this piece would do just fine. To keep the board lighter, I bought some 1"x 2" pine to frame it up vs. 1" x 4". Then I got some screw-in leg brackets and four ready made legs - the tallest I could find. After attaching the brackets onto 1" x 4" blocks (as the 3/8" thickness of the plywood wasn't sufficient to hold screws of any decent length), the height of the table ended up being 30" (76.2cm). 'Til next time - Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina






No comments:

Post a Comment