Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

MPC Fort Frontier

Slowly-but-surely I've been adding to my MPC collection. I'll have some interesting updates in the weeks to follow (that is IF I don't get diverted LOL). Having said it before, I had a bunch of MPC as a kid but certainly not all of it. Growing up in the '50s and '60s my go-to choice for Western forts was Marx and I had a Fort Apache playset. Today's selection would have been nice as well to have as a kid. The original playsets I've seen had more figures and wagons and such than what is shown here and would have been an action packed toy for any kid growing up back in the day. 

The stockade is more compact than the Fort Apache but still nice.  It features soft plastic walls with an opening gate and more simplified block houses than Marx's forts and there are catwalks inside the walls for figures to stand on. The stockade measures 11 1/4" (28.57cm) W x 5 3/4" (14.60cm) D x 2 7/8" (7.30cm) H (to top of walls) or 5 1/2" (13.97cm) H (to top of gate house). The figures are 54mm and not the ring hand figs many people associate with MPC. This one is in good shape but, having been sold as a loose set, there's no horses, no Teepees, no wagons, etc. Okay, something to look forward to in my quest to flesh out the playset. Enjoy! Opa Fritz


Besides the figures shown in the photos above, this loose set of riders was also included - no horses though




















2 comments:

  1. Heh-hay! I've got one of these, but mine is in a shiner plastic with slots at the corners, not pegs, newer version? Or some UK licensed thing?

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could also be a design modification?? I have very little by way of MPC/Multiple Toymaker's Western toys so can't say one way or the other and I really hate the fruitless game of speculation because that could go on forever and not accomplish anything. Generally I'll take one or two stabs or wild guesses at an alternative or explanation and then call it a day.

      Delete