Pages

Monday, May 25, 2020

Memorial Day Fun: New Diorama Project

I've been wanting to do this for about the past year now and yesterday I finally got off my butt and started. The basis is a 2' (60.96cm) x4' (121.92cm) board that was originally intended to be a small clockwork train layout (I may still do that because there's a second same-sized board in The Cave). The board had already been painted so that saved some time. Next I pulled out my Christmas decorating cobblestone  road material. It was cut down to 8 1/2" (21.59cm) W. Why that? Well, after pulling out a bunch of tanks and Jeeps and trucks I decided on a width that would more-or-less accomodate a tank and a Jeep side-by-side. The buildings are a mix of Britains Deetail, 21st Century, FOV, and TSSD; the figures are Britains, FOV, 21st Century; and the vehicles 21st Century, Britains, and Classic Toy Soldiers. 

What you see here was a quickie shoot. After pulling all these toys out I only had a few minutes to take the pics before needing to head out for groceries. This is not the finished diorama and I'm mulling over several different possibilites but for now it's okay. Enjoy! Opa Fritz




















No comments:

Post a Comment