Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2020

Ed's Travelogue: Marriott's Great America, Gurnee, IL June 1976

When I was younger I really enjoyed amusement parks, carnivals, State Fairs, circuses, parades - all that kind of stuff. They offered such amazing entertainment of all kinds - it was bewildering. Back in 1976 the Great America Amusement Park in Gurnee, Illionois was owned by Marriott (from 1984 however it has been owned by Six Flags). It was fun to visit but I seem to recall only going there once. 

Funny story: On the way driving down there from Milwaukee, we were in the middle lane of the freeway - I was trying to pass a semi truck. Sooooo I was passing a semi, a faster semi was passing me on the left lane and another one was in front of me - nearly surrounded by semi-trucks right? Then the truck on the right - the one I was passing - blew a tire just as I pulled alongside it!!! 

BOOM!

Scared the crap out of us  @!$^%(*(&     hahahahahaha
Fortunately I didn't loose control - of the car or my bladder LOL

Enjoy! Opa Fritz







 










  
  




























No comments:

Post a Comment