Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Ed's Travelogue: Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) Airshow Oshkosh, Wisconsin August 1978

We interrupt our regulary scheduled program to bring you - AIRPLANES! LOL I have been slowly-but-surely scanning the old photos and finished these up some weeks back. I never really got into air shows until coming here to Nellis. The Experimental Aircraft Association's air shows in Oshkosh, Wisconsin are legend and this was the only one I had ever attended. That's a shame because we had a summer place in Shawano, Wisconsin which was not far from Oshkosh and it would have been a short drive to attend any of these, but I just never got around to going :-(  In 1978 all I had for a camera was my Polaroid SX-70. A fascinating gadget but really not a great camera - just an okay camera. On the day we (my nephews and myself) went to see the show it was overcast and we weren't there that long before the skies started to get threatening so we decided to leave. As it turned out we actually saw a tornado start to form, but before it could gel into something dangerous it dissipated! whew!! I didn't take notes (or at least I can't find them) on any of these planes and only one of them had some scribble on the photo itself. Enjoy! Opa Fritz











This airplane was a reproduction of the famous one flown by Charles Lindbergh




No comments:

Post a Comment