Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Ed's Travelogue: The Basilica and National Shrine of Mary Help of Christians at Holy Hill, Huburtus, Wisconsin July 1978

This was one of those quick trips that I was getting into towards my last days home before joining the Air Force. I guess what prompted me to go there was the recurring references to 'Holy Hill' my family would make. My mom's side of the family was Catholic and apprently they made several trips to Holy Hill. Below is photo of my mom's mom on the steps of Holy Hill in 1938 (yeah - that would be my grandma, but I never knew her as she passed before I was born). Soooo, one day I got the itch to see what Holy Hill looked like. I had just gotten my new Xd-11 camera and was trying things out. For some months I would take pictures using a series of colored filters or gels which fit into a frame which screwed onto the end of the lens. The photos below are the firat instances of those early 'artsy' attempts :-)  For more information you can visit their website at holyhill.com Enjoy! Opa Fritz








No comments:

Post a Comment