Pages

Friday, January 22, 2021

Vintage Dino Profiles: Marx Styracosaurus

Well, I've said it before - I get easily distracted. I put off doing the blog so I can start in again trying to sell stuff on fleaBay and the fb groups. I haven'd done any selling since the COVID lockdowns started back in March of last year. A lot of my tattered/torn/broken pieces of trains are actually being given away to the train guys who just have to pay postage. Those scratch-&-dent specials are good for repainting, modifying, parts donors etc. However, I personally don't mess with engines or rolling stock preferring to work instead with structures, as you've seen with my Plasticville mods for the Edge of Town micro-layout.

The Styracosaurus (spiked lizard) was a herbivorous ceratopsian (plant eating beaked dino) living during the Cretaceous period about 75.5-75mil years ago. It was a fairly large dino coming in at 18' (5.5m) and was found in a vast plain in Alberta, Canada and Montana, USA. It was a contemporary of the predator Albertosaurus but because of its size and fierce spikes a full grown Styracosaurus wouldn't have been in as much danger as the juveniles.

The Marx version measures 3 1/4" (8.25cm) L x 1 3/8" (3.49cm) H. Enjoy! Opa Fritz














No comments:

Post a Comment