Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2022

TRAIN TIME: Brimtoy No. S3 Model Wayside 'FUNLAND' Station (1927-1932)

After going through my hard drive the past few weeks I have found hundreds of unedited photos: trains, vehicles, space toys, airplanes - you name it! Here's a group of pics taken four years ago that just recently were edited! 

According to the book:

"British Toy Trains

Featuring all those other British toy train manufacturers

Book 3 of 4 - Brimtoy Ltd & Wells-Brimtoy Ltd 1914-1945"

by Michael D . Foster

This FUNLAND Station was made from 1927-1932. The station was bought when I was trying to find that 'right' one for the Hornby layout. I mean all the stations I bought fit, but some are longer, some a bit wider, and for one reason or another just don't have the right feel for the spot chosen on the layout. So while this wasn't ultimately chosen for the layout, I now have a nice Pre-war gem on my hands for the collection! This measures 12 3/4" (32.38cm) L x 4 3/4" (12.06cm) H overall. The ramp is 3 1/8" (7.93cm) W. Enjoy! Opa Fritz
















No comments:

Post a Comment