Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2022

TRAIN TIME / CIRCUS TIME: Lionel's Ballyhoo Brothers Circus Engine and Tender with Circus Sounds (2002)

Earlier this year I latched-on to this beautiful Lionel 4-6-4 Hudson decked out in Ballyhoo Brothers Circus livery. I didn't get the whole set, just the engine and tender but as there were plenty of circus cars already on my roster, getting the whole set wasn't that critical (the set itself is #6-31931 from 2002 and also included the animated 'lion chasing tamer' gondola, stock car, operating boxcar, caboose, oval of track, and transformer). The tender's 'circus sound' features a short audio clip of "Entry of The Gladiators" - a staple of circus music - activated by the whistle button on the transformer. I do believe this is the largest engine ever offered by Lionel in a circus set and it was a joy to run! Enjoy! Opa Fritz


(I never did a full photo essay work-up on this engine )

The engine was running first on my Edge of Town micro-layout for World Circus Day

A few months later it was going through the paces of my WIP Milwaukee North Western layout


One of my Y'allTube circus videos from this year.











No comments:

Post a Comment