Pages

Friday, April 28, 2023

Payton Cabin - Brown/Aqua SP

In my quest to track down vintage Old West buildings suitable for ohhh, let's say anything from about 45mm to 60mm figures I guess, comes this odd building from Payton. While I've blogged Payton Little Green Army Men before - they were a favorite of mine as a kid - this is the first time blogging any of their Old West toys which I don't recall having as a kid. I called this piece 'odd' because Payton sold it as a 'cabin' but really, it just looks more like a blockhouse for a fort than it does a cabin. But hey, it does add variety! 

Some months back, the pieces for this cabin came in a couple of separate job lots. Apparently the aqua roof would normally have been paired with aqua walls but I'm liking this combination much better! The walls 3 3/4" sq., the  roof 4 1/4" sq. and it's 3 1/4"H. Enjoy! Opa Fritz














2 comments:

  1. Welp! That's a pretty-little-thing I've not seen before Ed, was the all-Aqua one for dolls or something? looks much better with brown walls!

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing Payton just mixed and matched wall colors and roof colors with whatever they had coming off the assembly line. I know of aqua, dark brown, chocolate brown, tan, and blue being used for the cabins and teepees.

      Delete