Pages

Monday, April 17, 2023

TRAIN TIME: Putting Together Another Fire Scene On My Train Layout - Pt 4 Matchbox Models of Yesteryear 1/43 Scale Diecast1933 Cadillac Fire Wagon #YFE03 (1993)

Here's an interesting piece of fire equipment I latched on to that's within my current collecting guidelines: fire apparatus with no city markings! :-) This toy has so many interesting details on it that it was a natural for me to pick up, unfortunately I couldn't find anything on the Internet about its real life counterpart. My guess is that a vehicle of this type would have been just right for a small town fire department or - if it was used in a city - to be one of the first responding vehicles, get to a fire fast, and at least start working to put the fire out. Unlike the plastic Menard's fire engine posted yesterday, this one is diecast. I like them both and have no preference as to whether my vehicles are diecast or plastic - they just have to be 'right' for whatever project I'm working on. Enjoy! Opa Fritz





















No comments:

Post a Comment