Pages

Thursday, July 20, 2023

U.S. Metal Toy Stagecoach with 4-Horse Hitch

I'm not saying I'm slow or anything but...

...yeah, okay, I'm slow!

Case in point: there were two U.S. Metal Toy stagecoach's just laying around out in The Cave for many years and I've only just now photographed them! I had gotten about half the photos taken when I noticed one of the original plastic horses had gone brittle and was literally falling apart in my hands as I was handling it and so I had to pull out a very similar horse and replace the original. I have seen photos of U.S. Metal Toy wagons with tin-litho horses but have only seen them for sale with these plastic horses. It may be that, in order to cut costs, they started making the toys with tin-litho horses but then outsourced the plastic hitches and horses. Aside from the issue with the horse, the stagecoach is nice and clean - no rust bucket here folks! Overall it measures 11" (27.94cm) L x 3" (7.62cm) W x 3" (7.62cm) H. Enjoy! Opa Fritz





The white horse in the rear is already missing his front leg. Further examination showed his torso was split in a couple of places

The horse has been replaced. The casting isn't as sharp or crisp as the original horse but at least it's not falling apart









I'm surmising the hitch and horses are factory issue because if you look closely, the front hitch is attached to the rear hitch by virtue of a lock washer. The rear hitch attaches to the coach body the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment