Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

TRAIN TIME: Menard's #275-9006 M&M's 1/48 Scale '56 FORD COE Box Truck (2023) - POST CORRECTED

 Okay folks, I'm way behind in preparing more pirate posts because...

...I've been having fun with M&M's toys and trains! :-)

As an example, I spent the morning putting together another train video for Y'allTube featuring my favorite railroad - the Milwaukee Road - and M&M train cars, vehicles, buildings, and accessories. Here's a link to today's video which is a review of a Lionel Milwaukee Road Mikado pulling a string of M&M's cars made by Menard's.


***POST CORRECTION***

The post title had reflected this as a Chevy COE (cab-over-engine). It is in fact a Ford C-600 COE

Menard's is the nation's third largest home improvement store after The Home Depot and Lowe's. Their owner is a train buff who, many years ago, started to produce a line of budget friendly O-gauge railroad cars, vehicles, buildings, and accessories. One of the more fun series they've offered is their line of M&M licensed products and to that end I have been tracking down and buying whatever I can muster. Today we're gonna look at a really nice box truck done in 1/48 scale which is the preferred scale for all the vehicles Menard's has offered over the years. Personally, I've chosen 1/43 scale as my scale of choice for the layout, because more is offered in that scale than any other, but 1/48 and 1/50 scales work just fine for me. Enjoy! Opa Fritz 





















2 comments:

  1. I love this truck, when one enters the frame in a 1970's movie, you know there's going to be a crash, a hold-up or an explosion! And it's got a bit of a 'face' on it, like my domestic favourite, the Bedford RL!

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah these are cool trucks Hugh! Great for deliveries or mayhem LOL

      Delete