Pages

Monday, November 6, 2023

BREWERIANA: Faller HO Scale Brewery No. B-960

BTW folks, just so that we are all on the same page: this blog is NOT a 'For Sale' site. Whatever it is I do sell will either be on fleaBay or on one of the 80+ fb (aka 'facebook', aka 'Meta') groups I'm in. This site is for posting items that are - or were - in my collection as well as the occasional travelogue post and whatever else happens to suit my fancy.

I had always wanted a brewery on my train layout. Going back as far as 60 years ago when first getting into HO scale, a brewery was always on my wish list. Having grown up in Milwaukee, living near Miller Brewery, and taking brewery tours, it would be a natural for a train layout. Alas, it was only until recently that I finally got one on the layout - but that's a story for another post.

While stationed in Germany, I had bought two of these Faller HO scale breweries for use on my HO scale layout, but as the layout progressed, it a) was too small of a layout size and b) took on more of a small town feel. A building this size would have looked out of place and the two kits were eventually sold about four years ago.

Here's the HO scale layout that I finally built and as you can see, a large brick structure like the Faller Brewery would have looked out of place.







No comments:

Post a Comment