Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Back To Hogwarts: Monogram, Inc. No. 48259 Harry Potter Gringotts Bank with Hungarian Ironbelly Dragon

I do love Harry Potter and collecting things from the Wizarding World can turn out to be an endless journey. Sooo, that being said I'll have to set my sights on specific things because really, there's already like a million products out there on the market and I am not nuts enough to try and buy all of them! I am nuts but not that nuts!!! 😂  Being a train buff and a fan of miniature towns and cities in general, the buildings in the series are what draw me in the most. Oh there will be odds and ends making their way into the collection, but I'm gonna see what it takes to pick up some structures as the main focus of my collecting efforts. 

My first full building (the Slytherin dayroom posted earlier is only an interior scene - not a whole structure) is this cool Gringotts bank from Monogram. I have seen Gringotts offered with and without the Hungarian Ironbelly and in large and small sizes in a variety of materials from a variety of manufacturers. This one is made of a hard vinyl - not resin, not ceramic, not hard styrene-type plastic - and measures  4 1/4" (10.79cm) W at the back x 4 1/4" (10.79cm)D x 9" (22.86cm) H to top of dragon. Most of the buildings made from the movie are of course caricatures - having been selectively compressed - and when viewing the movies you know that Gringotts is quite a bit larger. However that works just fine for display purposes. This also satisfies another collecting urge of mine - DRAGONS! So it's like getting a 2-for-1 special 😂  Enjoy! Opa Fritz

















No comments:

Post a Comment