Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Still In The Game: Job Lot of Golden Astronaut Stuff

If you've followed the blog for any amount of time you'll know I'll post a series of toys and then move on to something else. Occasionally I'll lose interest in a subject, sell things off and move on. And then there are those toys which just have a grip on my little 'ol collecting heart, like space toys in general, and the small Triang/Golden Astronaut range of toys in particular. Back in 2020 I had a whole series on these toys which lasted for months. After the series, I moved on to other subjects but my interest was still there - just dormant for a while.

I have always wanted to do a Moonbase type of diorama and have been gathering odds-&-ends for years. Some have been new-in-package while others have been used - like this lot. Unfortunately, this series of toys has become very popular in the past few years and the prices sellers are asking for them has shot through the roof!  But every so often a deal comes up which can't be passed up and then I pounce! This job lot has some good stuff, and some 'junk' - but even junk is usable. Anywho, 'nuff said, here's what I got in a couple of weeks ago. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

The Moon Exploration Center (aka the Moonbase) is missing some interior pieces and the legs, but is quite usable as is. The Pleasure Cruiser is an empty hull (no doubt cannibalized to repair other cruisers) but the others are fairly intact. The Lift Loader is good to go as is, the Mobile Moon HQ could use its front disc, and the Terrain Tiger needs a hook.  There is one figure and several odd spare parts. Overall a nice selection of parts.


No comments:

Post a Comment