Pages

Friday, July 12, 2024

Gay Toys Inc. Pick-up Truck - Red SP

The Littleton and Yoquelet families launched Gay Toys Inc. in 1962, changing its name to American Plastic Toys in 1986 in Walled Lake, Michigan and made a pretty decent line of plastic toys. While I do have a few of the toys branded 'Gay Toys', their line was never a big pull for me as a collector. However, the American Plastic Toys products made later under the leadership of Jay Horowitz were very big draws for me. Every now and then though, something becomes available that appeals to me like this Gay Toys Pick-up Truck in red SP. Why did this one catch my eye! It's nearly the same size as the Processed Plastic vehicles I posted here on the blog not too long ago, and thus is a great companion to them. I honestly don't know what other vehicles the company made in this size, but for now this will do and I probably won't pursue getting whatever else they made - maybe! 😄 I think the truck is kind of a 1970 Ford Ranchero styled truck - not quite an exact copy - but it has that Ranchero flavor. It measures: 3.875" (9.84cm) L x 1.375" (3.49cm) W x 1.25" (3.17cm) H. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

Culled from the Web




















(L) Processed Plastic (R) Gay Toys comparison shots





No comments:

Post a Comment