Pages

Monday, August 5, 2024

Tootsietoy Mack Truck with AA Gun (1931)

Although I was never a big collector of Tootsietoy, a bunch of Tootsietoy's have made their way into the hoard and there are some posts here on Toys and Stuff. Welll, as I was going through my photos, lo-&-behold there were several albums full of military vehicles just sitting there waiting for me to post. The photos of this Mack Truck with AA gun were taken way back in 2016! Yikes! Okay, I've waited long enough to post these so let's get started.

This truck was meant to be part of a display showing King Kong scaling my Marx tin-litho skyscraper. There was supposed to be several other vehicles of that era as part of the overall set-up, but in my usual fashion I got distracted and the whole project fizzled out. Oh well. However, the truck was used in a convoy set-up I did back in 2017. The truck measures: 2.75" (6.98cm) L x 1.125" (2.85cm) W x 1.875" (4.76cm) H. Enjoy! Opa Fritz

I found a real good website which covers Prewar Tootsietoy: 

A History of Pre-War Automotive Tootsietoys by Clint Seeley


The gun swivels and elevates




















No comments:

Post a Comment