Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Back to Hogwarts: LEGO Set No. 76413 Room of Requirements Pt 1 The Unboxing

I s'pose this is as good a way as any to kick off Halloween month - a look at one of LEGO's many Harry Potter sets.

A few months back I had a few extra dinero when shopping at Target and came home with this nifty 'Room of Requirements' set. It cost $49.99 (if I remember correctly) + tax. Honestly folks, my toy and toy train collections are enough to warrant me moving into a warehouse, but this Harry Potter stuff will push me over the edge! LEGO has a gazillion HP sets and figures (just like they did - and are still doing - with Star Wars), and to complicate things, this set is just a small fraction of what's available to make up a complete Hogwarts castle. But that didn't stop me from buying it! 😄

The set comprises a 'selectively compressed' (model railroad slang for taking major elements of a structure and highlighting those in a highly down-sized model re-creation) Room of Requirements. It features a removable separate room just for The Grey Lady (Helena Ravenclaw), a feature which allows it to be splayed out to better display the room, 7 figures (IF you include the Cornish Pixie), and the Lost Diadem of Ravenclaw. Today we'll just take a quick look at the packaging and contents. I didn't take any in-progress photos of the build, so instead I'll cover the completed build, the special features, all the figures, etc., in separate posts. Enjoy! Opa Fritz







I try to be careful when opening the box so as not to mutilate it

Four bags full of parts, instruction book, and a set of peel-&-stick appliques'

The 120pg book is lavishly illustrated to include drawings showing each and every single part and it's associated part number.

No comments:

Post a Comment