Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

MPC Royal Canadian Mounted Police Set UNK YR (No Box) - Pt 1

I just got this set in a couple of weeks ago. While doing random searches in fleaBay I came across this lot containing a bunch of MPC's early slot-hand figures, accessories, and a jail with blue front wall. The seller listed it as a Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) set and I'm okay with that as the accessories included bear that out - most especially the wide-brimmed 'ranger' hats. Okay, I hear what you're saying: maybe they were a part of an American park ranger or Boy Scout set. Also plausible, but then too I have never seen sets like those from MPC.  

After a quick follow-up with the seller he stated that the set was acquired a couple of years ago at the Chicago Toy Soldier Show and it was identified and sold as a RCMP set. Even without the original packaging that is a plausible assumption, based on MPC's prolific re-packaging of its buildings and figures into a myriad of sets. And they did of course sell a lot of them in Canada. Without the original packaging or a catalog reference (did these appear in any Eaton's or Simpsons-Sears catalogs???) I can't pin down a year.

You can see all the pieces that came in the set in the following photo. I'll be posting the jail and figures separately.

Ed



Several wide-brimmed ranger hats (plus what appears to be a baseball cap??), a Billy club, handcuffs, and a sign that says 'QUIET ZONE' may all be indicative of a Canadian set as I have yet to see an MPC American police set with those accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment