One of the unusual aspects about this set were the figures. They were all of the older style ring hands (I know, I know - mostly these are slot hands, but generically the MPC guys are referred to as 'ring hands'). Also, they were all in blue vs. the traditional red of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. That's easily rectified because I have enough red ring hands to make it a 'proper' Mounty set. But for now, let's just look at the blue figures that came with my purchase.
Ed
The 'MP' designations (like 'MP120' & 'MP122' shown here today) have been around for quite some time. I don't know who first came up with them but they do make identifying figures a bit easier.
Courtesy Toy Soldier HQ
These first two figures were photographed without accessories.
MP120
Quite frankly, this guy looks more like a garage mechanic than he does a military or police figure. That said, if he were in olive green then yes, he could pass for a motor pool mechanic or even flightline mechanic as those guys did wear overalls.
MP122
This guy is definitely a ring hand, and the figure itself has a distinct backward lean.

No comments:
Post a Comment