Let's take a quick peek at the colors found in original Marx military flatcar loads and a couple of packs of repos.
Ed
Originals
These vehicles would have been sold paired with a flatcar. I have yet to see separate sale packaging, only train set packaging. That doesn't mean they weren't sold separately, I just don't know of any.
Here we see the vehicles
These three were separate purchases and aren't the same ones shown in the set above and are shown packaged in a protective sleeve - not a box
Here are the various original Marx colors I have in the collection. It is safe to assume that all six vehicles could have been made in all the colors. The most common colors were the gray-silver, and olive green or drab.
Repos
The repos were mostly sold as a set of six vehicles but they were also paired with flatcars sold by Marx Trains.
Marx Trains #7331-3 USAX Flatcar with Load
In this case the repo loads are a tan color.
Marx Trains #7331-3 USAX Flatcar withTruck Load
Blue Set
Unfortunately, I never took photos of the original packaging when I bought these. I bought them in the '90s for my trains but didn't do photo work-ups on them until much later after I started the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment