Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2026

Play Along Toys AOME LOTR - Weapons and Warriors #48201 Uruk-hai Battering Ram - Pt 6 (Final) Setup

Frustration, thy name is Battering Ram! What a bloody ordeal trying to get these four figures to cooperate holding that ram in place. I managed to do well enough to get the photos though. In their defense, Play Along did try to ease the process a little. First, the bases are glued or fused to all four figures, which means you don't have to piddle around trying to keep the bases on while positioning The Crew. Secondly, two of the Uruk-hai (Poses 1 and 2 - both placed on the right side of the ram) have one of their arms permanently positioned (glued/fused) so that, when setting up the battering ram, those two arms are fixed and supposedly one can carefully pose the rest of the figures...

...easier said than done!

If I ever get around to actually doing a Helm's Deep diorama, how would I treat this? I would first epoxy one of the fixed-arm Uruk-hai to the plastic causeway. Then I would position the second fixed arm figure - all the while lining him up with the battering ram handles...

...then the third and then the fourth. All the while checking placement of the bases and hands on the handles and only gluing one at a time and waiting for the glue to set first

After these photos were taken I spent some time messing with this setup and was able to get them all positioned fairly well, but it was still a bear!

Ed

  














No comments:

Post a Comment