Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

Auburn #502 Hose Truck - Rigid SP

We have covered the #502 Hose Truck before, back on Apr 29, 2011 but it was the earlier rubber version. Today we're going to look at the latter vinyl version. In 1953 Auburn started phasing out rubber toys in favor of injection molded vinyl which was a rigid soft plastic. I do remember having a piece or two of the rubber trucks as a kid - perhaps they were swaps I made with the neighbor kids or hand-me-downs. But mostly I remember the rigid vinyl trucks and they were the Army vehicles like personnel carriers and halftracks, not the fire trucks as shown here today. That being said, it only took me 50 years to finally catch up and get one of these LOL  Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina


















No comments:

Post a Comment