Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

MPC Sikorsky H-19 Chickasaw Helicopter

Here's a terrific helicopter from MPC, the H-19 Chickasaw. We've covered other toy Chickasaw helicopters before so I won't go into its history right now (besides, I've got to cut out of here shortly and get some other stuff done). But anywho, this was a later offering from MPC not coming along - I believe -  until the 1970's. I haven't seen this in any of the large playsets from the '60s  but I did see a recent sale of it as part of a MIB No. 1512 'Special Forces Unit' window box set. That set had the helicopter, 'Defender' Missile with launch pad, a Command Jeep with recoilless rifle, and a handful of one-piece G.I.'s (not ringhands). Note that these weren't made with tail rotors or three main blades like the original - likely a cost cutting measure. The helo's fuselage measures  10" (24.40cm) L x  1 1/2" (3.81cm) W x  3 5/8" (9.20cm) H. The rotor span is 11 3/4" (29.84cm) L. Enjoy!

Courtesy Wikipedia




















No comments:

Post a Comment