Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2019

Processed Plastics Apollo Moon Rocket

Processed Plastics made some really cool toys back in the day and I've already said that I had the missile featured this past few days. Here's one I don't recall having back then - but I do now! :-) They marketed this as an 'Apollo Moon Rocket' but obviously that is a toy maker's fantasy because as you well know, the Apollo capsules carried three astronauts, not two as in the toy and of course the capsule itself is clearly a Gemini outline. The capsule sits atop the last stage of the rocket, and like the missile on the USAF Surface-to-air Missile featured this week, when the release levers are pressed the spring-loaded capsule goes shooting off. Each stage separates (by hand) so a young 'un can make believe his rocket is flying into orbit releasing each stage just at the right moment. The toy measures 13 1/4" (33.65cm) H and 2 1/4" (5.71cm) diameter overall. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina









Pic culled from the Internet which in turn was culled from fleaBay but shows the original packaging

Attribution unknown

Here's the Processed Plastics space fleet as it stands today


2 comments:

  1. I had this Apollo moon rocket. I just recently found the red second stage in great shape with the decal intact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately all my childhood toys are gone - only my Boy Scout knife survived the purge. I'm glad you were able to reconnect with your past and find the missing piece. These were some terrific toys and it's great to be able to share them.

      Delete