Pages

Friday, June 28, 2019

Processed Plastics Co. No. 920 USAF Surface to Air Missile - Or Not

Uh-oh, what happened? Waaaay back on 16 Oct 2010 I posted the photo below as an MPC Rocket Ship. This was one of my first posts after starting the blog. At the time I had no idea who actually made it but it was one of those toys I had as a kid and fondly remembered. My faulty memory, along with no reference books to help in my endeavors, made me attribute it to MPC of which I had many toys as a kid. Well, since then of course that error has been rectified and now know it to be Processed Plastics.


Okay fine. So the other week I was taking photos of the Processed Plastics fleet and after digging out all the No. 920 missiles/rockets I could find this is what I came up with: two each missiles that match in size and proportions to the mint-on-card sample I have, and two each missiles which are shorter!

Okay, what's up wit dat??

This begs the question: Are the shorter missiles later production modified to cut down on materials used, or are they knock-offs? 

Oh good grief. 

Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina




No comments:

Post a Comment