Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

HG Toys Inc Space Shuttle #1 - Dark Copper HP

We haven't really featured much from HG Toys here on the blog and after doing some quick search on fleaBay and the Net I can see why - a lot of their stuff just doesn't float my boat. They had some nice space playsets and toys in the '70s or '80s but that was it, at least for my tastes but over the next several days I'm gonna feature some of their space ships. Now, I look at these things and see how small they are as space ships are concerned and, to me, they look more like a short distance shuttle vs. a more long range vehicle so that's what I'm calling them. I have no reference books where these appear in, no catalogs, nothing - bupkis! - so have no clue what HG Toys would have called them (I'll bet they called them 'space ships' but I'm stickin' with shuttle).

These ships came in copper and silver and most of my copper ones are the same shade - except this one. This particular specimen is noticeably darker than the others and you'll be able to see the difference in succeeding posts. This measures 3 1/2" (8.89cm) L x 3 1/8" (7.93cm) wingspan x 1 1/4" (3.17cm) H. Enjoy! 

Just a few weeks ago on June 11, I posted a silver HG Toys Shuttle which I refer as #2 and this type here today is #1. Yeah, I know, things got a bit turned around but what can I say, welcome to Opa Fritz's world :-)

Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina













No comments:

Post a Comment