Pages

Friday, November 15, 2019

AMSCO Rockets Away Gameboard

Hmmmm, what to post? What to post? Let's see, any new airplanes? - yes but I didn't take pics. Umm, Medieval toys (Knights and castles and such)? yup, but I haven't finished photographing the whole series. MPC? Yeah, but not ready yet for more MPC. Little Green Army Men? yeah, but again I'm kinda burnt out with those for now. Let's stick to spacey stuff.

I got this AMSCO Rockets Away 15" (38.1cm) square x 1/2" (1.27cm)  thick game board some years back but was never able to get the complete game. It's made of a fiber material with a printed paper overlay. There was a periscope included in the game and the game pieces were little darts in the shape of spaceships. The players had to look through the periscope and drop the darts onto the board. That being said, there's no numbers on the board so I don't know what the primary targets were supposed to be. I bought this board because of the wonderful '50s era graphics but then the issue remained of all those darn holes in the board caused by the darts. At first I thought of Photoshopping out the little holes but what the heck, I don't have THAT much time. Still and all it was a terrific display piece for a while (I sold it earlier this year). Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina


The back is plain, no printing, no makers marks, nothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment